Welcome New Students 23/24 School Year
Yellow Bus Service is offered to eligible Kindergarten - Gr. 6 students. Please email Mrs. Rodriguez, irodriguez@saintstephenschool.
Subject line should read: YELLOW BUS SERVICE
The Office of Pupil Transportation (OPT) only processes bus requests for the following school year after the current school year concludes, so Mrs. Rodriguez will be in touch with you this summer. OPT determines your eligibility. If no bus is available, a child may be eligible for a Metro Card.
In addition, Gr. 7 - 8 grade students may be eligible for a Metro Card so please email Mrs. Rodriguez with your child's name, grade in September, and home address. Please indicate that you are new to SSHS.
Below are our current bus stops so you can see if your child may be eligible for service based on your home address.
- - - Adam Clayton Powell & 127th Street
- - - 5th Avenue & East 109th Street
- - - Broadway & West 96th Street
- - - Central Park West & West 88th Street
- - - Madison Avenue & East 96th Street
- - - 2nd Avenue & East 101st Street
- - - Main Street & East Road (Roosevelt Island)
- - - 1st Avenue & East 55th Street
- - - 1st Avenue & East 67th Street
- - - Madison Avenue & East 69th Street
Keep in mind that eligibility for service is based on distance from school and age/grade level. For example, a student that was eligible for service while in 2nd grade, may not be eligible when in 3rd grade based on distance to school. The older a student is, the farther from school they would need to live to continue service. Unfortunately, students in Pre-Kindergarten as well as Grade 7 and 8 are not eligible for yellow bus service.
All questions should be directed to Mrs. Rodriguez via email: irodriguez@
Record Release Form - please provide to school you are transferring from if final transcripts have not yet been provided to SSHS