Welcome to Mrs. Pollison's Classroom!
A Quick Welcome
Hello My name is Mrs. Pollison (formally Ms. Williams) and I teach ELA for 6A and 6B, Religion for 5B, and Science 5A and 5B ! I am also the homeroom teacher of 6B (room 402) I am so glad you came to this page! Here you will find pictures of 6B's Homeroom, exciting activities, and pictures throughout the year!
I also head the after school Forensic and Debate Program on Thursday's and ELA Seminar on Monday's !
6th Grade ELA Units
- Unit 1- Childhood
- Unit 2- Animal Allies
- Unit 3- Modern Technology
- Unit 4- Imagination
5th Grade Science Topics and Goals
- Introduction to Scientific Thought
- Wax Museum: Scientists
- Weather and Climate
- Food and Nutrition
- Help students organize their notes
- Work on note-taking skills
- Develop better studying techniques
- Conducting lab investigations (some will have to be completed remotely!)
- Introduction to research and short lab notes
- Have students become more curious about the world around them!
- Introduce the new NGSS Standards in Science
5th Grade Religion Topics and Goals
- Learn that we meet Jesus in the sacraments.
- Celebrate that Jesus is present in the sacraments.
- Share in the Church’s mission by giving witness.
- Live out the sacraments by being faithful and inviting others to follow Jesus.
- To help the child experience and understand the rites of the sacraments, and so become a more conscious and active participant in the Church’s sacramental life.
Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,
My name is Mrs. Pollison and I will be the sixth grade ELA teacher, 5th Grade Religion Teacher, and 5th Grade Science teacher at Saint Stephen of Hungary for the 2022-2023 school year. I am so excited to meet each one of you and learn more about your individual gifts, strengths, and talents! Although the last few years presented many challenges of all kinds, I am committed to helping students thrive in all capacities. My goal for this school year is to establish an inclusive and safe environment within the classroom, where students are free to explore new ideas while building their foundational academic skills.
Throughout the school year, I will be available by email and Zoom between the hours of 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday's and Friday's . During this time, I am more than willing to discuss any personal goals, concerns, or any other topic to help each student succeed. Feel free to reach out via to set up a meeting for the upcoming school year as well! I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you in the coming weeks and learning more about each of you!